Two-Subject Moderatorship: Senior Sophister year
This page refers to the TSM combination between Mathematics and Economics.
Yearlong modules 2019-20
- MAU34900 Mathematics education [10 credits] Lecturers: Prof. Elizabeth Oldham, Prof. Donal O'Donovan
- MAU44M00 Mathematics project [10 credits] Lecturer: Prof. Paschalis Karageorgis
Michaelmas term modules 2019-20
- ECU44051 Quantitative methods A [10 credits]
- ECU44053 Quantitative methods A [5 credits]
- MAU23203 Analysis in several real variables [prerequisites: MA1111/MAU11101, MA1125/MAU11201, MA1132/MAU11202] Lecturer: Prof. David Wilkins
- MAU23205 Ordinary differential equations [prerequisites: MA1112/MAU11101 and MA1126/MAU11204] Lecturer: Dr. Gurpreet Singh
- MAU23403 Equations of mathematical physics I [prerequisite: MA1132/MAU11202] Lecturer: Prof. Manuela Kulaxizi
- MAU34101 Galois theory [prerequisites: MA1213/MAU22101, MA2214/MAU22102] Lecturer: Prof. Nicolas Mascot
- MAU34103 Lie algebras and Lie groups [prerequisites: MA1111/MAU11101, MA2322/MAU23206] Lecturer: Prof. Sergey Mozgovoy
- MAU34205 Topics in complex analysis I [prerequisite: MA2328/MAU23204] Lecturer: Prof. Dmitri Zaitsev
- MAU34301 Differential geometry [prerequisite: MA2322/MAU23206] Lecturer: Prof. Sergey Frolov
- STU33010 Forecasting [prerequisite: ST2351/STU23501] Lecturer: Prof. Rozenn Dahyot (Statistics)
- STU33011 Multivariate linear analysis [prerequisite: ST2351/STU23501]
- STU34501 Applied linear statistical methods I [prerequisite: ST2351/STU23501] Lecturer: Prof. Rozenn Dahyot (Statistics)
- STU34508 Statistical inference II [prerequisite: ST2351/STU23501] Lecturer: Prof. Jason Wyse (Statistics)
- STU44003 Data analytics [10 credits, prerequisite: ST3011/STU33011] Lecturer: Prof. Myra O'Regan (Statistics)
Hilary term modules 2019-20
- ECU44052 Quantitative methods B [10 credits]
- ECU44054 Quantitative methods B [5 credits]
- MAU23204 Introduction to complex analysis [prerequisites: MA1126/MAU11204 or MA2321/MAU23203] Lecturer: Prof. Marius de Leeuw
- MAU23206 Calculus on manifolds [prerequisite: MA2321/MAU23203] Lecturer: Prof. Jan Manschot
- MAU23302 Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry Lecturer: Prof. David Wilkins
- MAU23404 Equations of mathematical physics II [prerequisite: MA2331/MAU23403] Lecturer: Prof. Anthony Brown
- MAU34102 Commutative algebra [prerequisite: MA2214/MAU22102] Lecturer: Prof. Sergey Mozgovoy
- MAU34204 Partial differential equations [prerequisite: MA2327/MAU23205 or MA2332/MAU23404]
- MAU34206 Harmonic analysis [prerequisite: MA2224/MAU22200] Lecturer: Prof. Dmitri Zaitsev
- MAU34208 Topics in complex analysis II [prerequisite: MAU34205] Lecturer: Prof. Andreea Nicoara
- MAU34602 Applied algebraic topology [prerequisites: MA3428 and knowledge of C or C++] Lecturer: Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
- MAU34804 Fixed point theorems and economic equilibria [prerequisite: MA1126/MAU11204] Lecturer: Prof. John Stalker
- STU34502 Applied linear statistical methods II [prerequisite: ST3451/STU34501]
- STU34507 Statistical inference I [prerequisite: ST2351/STU23501] Lecturer: Prof. Bernardo Nipoti (Statistics)
Pattern A students take 15 credits per term and all their modules are optional. Pattern B students take 30 credits per term including the 10-credit project MAU44M00. The four "Quantitative Methods" modules are taught by the School of Economics, but they count towards the Mathematics result. Students may only take up to 10 credits from these modules during their Senior Sophister year. Further details about the Economics modules can be found here.
Sources of Information
The University of Dublin Calendar
All courses within Trinity College are administered in accordance with the regulations set out in the The University of Dublin Calendar which is published annually. The section of the Calendar setting out the general regulations of the College is published separately in the booklet General Regulations and Information and Board Statement on Safety which is distributed to all students on admission to College.
In particular, the following information can be found in the online version of the University Calendar:
- Regulations concerning Undergraduate Degrees and Diplomas in the School of Mathematics
- General Regulations for Two-Subject Moderatorship Courses
- Content of Subjects in Two-Subject Moderatorship Courses
- All students should study the requirements of the university with regard to avoiding plagiarism. In particular all students are required to certify, on submitting assignments etc., that they have read and understood the plagiarism provisions in the General Regulations of the University Calendar for the current year found at http://www.tcd.ie/calendar, and that they have also completed the Online Tutorial on avoiding plagiarism ‘Ready Steady Write’ located at http://tcd-ie.libguides.com/plagiarism/ready-steady-write.
- Student Guidelines concerning Examinations and Assessment are available on the College web site.
- For students with special requirements resulting from disabilities, there are special arrangements that can be made.
- For dates of terms and other College dates consult the Key Dates listed on the College website.
- For information on their academic progress, including information on course and module registrations, lecture timetables, examination timetables and examination results, students should log into My.tcd.ie (the student administration portal) with their College username and password.
- Some modules may require students to log into MyModule (Blackboard) for lecture notes and slides, and for assessment purposes (online completion of tests , submission of assignments, etc.).
- There is a Student Homepage on the College website, which may be accessed via a link from the TCD Local page.
Please note that The University of Dublin Calendar should be consulted for definitive information about the rules, regulations, and activities of the University.