- Credit weighting (ECTS)
- 5 credits
- Semester/term taught
- Hilary term 2018-19
- Contact Hours
11 weeks, including tutorials which will be held in lecture slots, and a review period at the end of term.
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this module students will be able to
- Cite the axioms of ZF and apply them.
- Derive the properties of ordinal numbers.
- Be familiar with proofs by transfinite induction.
- Cite the axiom of constructibility and prove its relative consistency.
- Derive the relative consistency of AC and GCH.
- Show some knowledge of the Standard Model axiom and the principles of forcing.
- Extend their knowledge of set theory and forcing.
- Module Content
Refer to course web page.
- Module Prerequisite
- MA 2361 (computability and logic).
- Assessment Detail
2-hour examination in April 2019, and 5 quizzes.