Mathematics for Science Students 2018-19
Note: Although the list of modules has been updated recently, the regulations that appear below refer to the academic year 2017/18. These regulations will slightly change because of the Trinity Education Project and their updated version will be posted in mid August.
Junior Fresh Year
Students of TR061 Chemical Sciences and TR063 Physical Sciences take the compulsory modules
- MAU11S01 Mathematics for scientists I Lecturers: Prof. Kirk Soodhalter, Prof. Anthony Brown
- MAU11S02 Mathematics for scientists II Lecturers: Prof. Miriam Logan, Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
Students of TR062 Geography and Geoscience take the compulsory semester one module
Students of TR060 Biological and Biomedical Sciences and TR056 Human Health and Disease take the compulsory semester two module
Senior Fresh Year
- MAU22S01 Multi-variable calculus for science [prerequisite: MAU11S02] Lecturer: Prof. Miriam Logan
- MAU22S03 Fourier analysis for science [prerequisite: MAU11S02] Lecturer: Prof. Ruth Britto
Each module is worth 5 credits.
- MAU22S02 Vector calculus for science [prerequisite: MAU22S01] Lecturer: Dr. Joe Ó hÓgáin
- MAU22S04 Mechanics [prerequisite: MAU22S01] Lecturer: Prof. Marina Krstic Marinkovic
- MAU22S06 Numerical and data analysis techniques [prerequisite: MAU11001 or MAU22S01] Lecturer: Prof. Stefan Sint
MAU22S04 and MAU22S06 will clash and cannot be taken together. Each module is worth 5 credits.
Foundation Scholarship examination
For information on the Foundation Scholarship examination in Mathematics, see here.
The Science Course web pages are a good place for information.
This course is funded by the Irish government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013 and aided by the European Social Fund (ESF) under the Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007-2013.