Module MAU34404: Quantum Mechanics II
- Credit weighting (ECTS)
- 5 credits
- Semester/term taught
- Hilary term 2021-22
- Contact Hours
- 11 weeks, 3 lectures including tutorials per week
- Prof Jan Manschot
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Apply perturbative methods to the study of quantum mechanical problems.
- Use symmetries to simplify complex problems.
- Demonstrate understanding - at an entry level- of 20th/21st century physics
- Module Content
- Symmetries in Quantum Mechanics
- Time-Independent Perturbation Theory
- Time-dependent Perturbation Theory
- Path-integral formulation of Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Measurement
- Module Prerequisite
E. Merzbacher, Quantum Mechanics 3rd Edition,
David J. Griffiths, Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Assessment Detail
- This module will be examined in a 2-hour examination in Trinity term. Continuous assessment will contribute 20% to the final grade for the module at the annual examination session. Re-assessments if required will consist of 100% exam.