Mathematics for Science Students 2017-18
Junior Freshman Year
Those taking Mathematics for the maximum possible 20 credits take
- MA1S11 Mathematics for scientists (first semester) Lecturers: Prof. Victoria Lebed, Prof. Tristan McLoughlin
- MA1S12 Mathematics for scientists (second semester) Lecturers: AAnonymous, Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
Those not taking Mathematics as a full subject take
Senior Freshman Year
- MA22S1 Multi-variable calculus for science [prerequisite: MA1S12] Lecturer: Prof. John Stalker
- MA22S3 Fourier analysis for science [prerequisite: MA1S12] Lecturer: Prof. Ruth Britto
Those choosing both Mathematics and Physics take both modules. Each module is worth 5 credits.
- MA22S2 Vector calculus for science [prerequisites: MA22S1, MA22S3] Lecturer: Dr. Joe Ó hÓgáin
- MA22S4 Mechanics [prerequisite: MA22S1]
- MA22S6 Numerical and data analysis techniques [prerequisite: MA1M01 or MA1S11] Lecturer: Prof. Stefan Sint
Those choosing both Mathematics and Physics take MA22S3 and MA22S4. MA22S4 and MA22S6 will clash and cannot be taken together. Each module is worth 5 credits.
Foundation Scholarship examination
For information on the Foundation Scholarship examination in Mathematics, see here.
The Science Course web pages are a good place for information.
This course is funded by the Irish government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013 and aided by the European Social Fund (ESF) under the Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007-2013.